Tuesday 28 July 2009

Delightful Walk

I walked on the sunny way
Lined by daffodils in mid may
Along the lake beneath the cloudless sky
Pushed by the cool breeze watching birds fly
I walked alone watching young leaves sway
Sunlight seeping through and ripples play
Arching and bending the path went on
Leading to meet the far away horizon
where sun beckoned beyond the mountains
Luring me past the vast green plains
On I trod breathing the smell of fresh grass
Amidst grazing cattle and skirting moss
Bunnies hopping along, a merry company
Benevolent spring, its gifts far too many
I hiked on losing myself in enchantment
Cast by nature, so great its allurement
I turned back deep in trance
Feeling within the rise of a dance
Of emotions unknown until the rendezvous
In solitude, with everything pure and true
I became a believer in the unparalled power
In the divinity of this great treasure
Nature's influence on man so naive
Yes, this mystical force keeps me alive

1 comment:

  1. hey lady, if ever I have a grouse its that at the conclusion i'm jarred back to the reality of a mundane job transcribing what murmuring doctors decree important. anyway thanks for that 2 minutes of mental leviation to faroff lands.

    ReplyDelete