Wednesday 19 August 2009

The Old Bridge...

I stand sturdy, across the river
Watching generations cross over
The old, the young, all shades of life
I observe, as they tread on my wooden self

On every face is etched a story different
Every step reveals the walker's thought
The few steps of their lives shared with me
Enrich my existence, they help me be

Phases of life is like water flowing under me
Sometimes calm and sometimes like the rough sea
Ever gushing, always rejuvenated by new and pure
Finding ways to bend across obstacles for sure

Centuries have passed, I stand proudly still
Testimony to all actions of human will
Waves of changes lapping against my mortar
Histories were created, I hold my corner

The good, the bad, I have seen them all
I have witnessed many a mighty fall
One day I will too, will just be a ruin
But I lived serving humanity, that is my boon

1 comment:

  1. nothing more to add....write on.....and oh! its a German bridge definitely not Indian.....standing for centuries!!!!

    ReplyDelete