Tuesday 9 June 2009

And so it begins...

Picking up the pen, or rather, typing something other than stupid code full of bugs or a silly grocery list was the hardest thing that I have had to do till date. Well, not really. Getting married was the hardest. I have been thinking about writing for a long time now and suddenly, actually two days ago I realised that I was not thinking of acting on this thought. Some wise man once said actions speak louder than words. So here I am, using words to show that I'm finally acting on writing my thoughts, enclosing them withing the boundaries of a page, giving some semblance to an otherwise invisible entity. 

I believe I should begin by thanking the forces that helped me pick up the pen. Vikram. My brother. I admire his writing, his ability to become one with the subject and the honesty that comes forth in his writings. Admiration turned to adulation and now I am a fan trying to emulate him. Then there is Rithish, Vikram's friend or should I say his 'Blog brother'. I am a keen follower of his articles and it's amazing how he puts an interesting spin even on the most mundane activities he sees around him. Last, but not the least, there is Akshay. Another brother of mine. I wrote a testimonial for him on Orkut and guess what? He liked it and his reaction kind of slapped awake the hope of writing and I suffered a testimonial writing frenzy for quite sometime. These are the people who have inspired me and if I can continue to churn out something half as decent and interesting as theirs, I'll forever be grateful to them. Having finished with the thanks giving formality, I must state, and emphatically too, that if you find my writing intolerable, offensive, annoying or just plain torture, you now know the three who are to be blamed. 

Phew!!! Two paragraphs. Not a bad start I guess. I was scared that I would hit a writers(can I call myself that at this stage?) block even before I started. I seem to have survived the initial shaking of fingers, biting of the nails and scratching of the head. I agree I had to stop short of screaming out aloud for the lack of a topic or subject to massacre on paper (textpad actually) but, this was mostly due to the fear of being kicked out of the rental apartment on charges of excessive noise and causing disturbance to neighbours. Writing about absolutely nothing has been fun today. I'll try my hand at a genuine subject sometime soon. Until then, I'll just wait for 
my finger nails to grow back to their normal length and dream about qualifying as a (dare I say it?) writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment