Saturday 20 June 2009

Evening Enlightenment

Sitting atop the roof of the penthouse
I take a glance at the sights around me
Waiting for the sunset, tickled by the breeze
Birds flying home to nestle in their tree

The vastness of sea, the expanse of the sky
Both seemingly meet at the distant horizon
Providing a canvas for the sun and the clouds
To paint a picture that stole all my attention

Caught in the moment, I did stare and gaze
And marvelled at this colourful maze
The shifting clouds, the rays of the sun
The water, the wind, having one last fun

The exhibition ended, the night set in
The sky was dark, but stars sparkling
The ships outlined against the dark water
Quiet settling in, the need of the hour

Enlightened, I walked back into the house
My disquiet of the day being doused
If tomorrow be another troubled day
To the roof I make my way

1 comment:

  1. being one of those vivid minded guys helped to see everything through your eyes....great! now lets pay you the ultimate compliment...where'd you steal this from?

    ReplyDelete